SPORTS GAMBLING DURING CORONAVIRUS
In a bid to curb the spread of the Coronavirus, many sporting events have been suspended or cancelled globally. The Coronavirus, officially known as COVID-19, is a respiratory disease which to date has infected more than 780 000 people and claimed the lives of over 37 800 more worldwide. As such, governments in several countries have advised against public gatherings and encouraged social distancing, self-isolation and other safety measures.
So far, this has been a difficult time for everyone, including sports betting fans with all the biggest leagues, such as the NBA, NHL and MLB and college sport suspended for the foreseeable future. For instance, the NHL and NBA were suspended and eyeing a return in six weeks, whereas the MLB has delayed the start of the new season.
More so, physical sportsbooks and casinos have temporarily closed. However, this does not mean you can’t bet on favorite sports at all. Bettors in Canada and around the world can safely place sports gambling wagers online.
Several international sports betting leagues continue to play – although some are doing so without fans. Moreover, there are many other sports, casino and lottery games that you can bet on online to keep yourself entertained and win big during the lockdown. In this article, we discuss all the sports games that you can still bet on and where to play online.
BEST SPORTS GAMBLING SITES
POPULAR SPORTS TO BET DURING CORONAVIRUS
There are several sports betting markets that you can bet on during this dark time. Many leagues and sports players have taken online to keep you entertained from the comfort of your own home.
For instance, you may have heard about the F1 Virtual Grand Prix which allows fans to race with F1 drivers as a well as soccer stars. The IMG Arena and ATP Tour are set to also launch their own virtual tennis. Our highly recommended sportsbooks have also made it a priority to find you sports betting markets during this lockdown.
Below are the most popular sports you can bet on:
In addition, you can wager on other speciality markets such as politics, finance, pool, TV, casino games, local and international lotteries
CORONAVIRUS: Postponed and CancelleD SPoRTS EVENTS
Below are some of the most popular tournaments that were cancelled due to the Coronavirus.
- NFL Draft – to go ahead on 23-25 April with no fans, players and the media.
- Ice Hockey: 2020 IIHF Women’s World Cup Championship – cancelled.
- Ice Hockey: NHL – suspended until further notice.
- Soccer: All football in Spain including La Liga – on hold until further notice.
- Soccer: UEFA Champions League and Europa League – postponed to 30 May and 27 May respectively.
- MLB Baseball – delayed for two weeks.
- ATP Tennis – suspended for six weeks.
- England Hockey – suspended until 15 April.
- Boxing – all events postponed by the British Boxing Board of Control until end of May.
- Rugby Union – Champions Cup and Challenge Cup semi-finals and finals – postponed to May.
- Boxing: Dillian Whyte vs Alexander Povetkin – postponed to 4 July.
- The Tokyo Olympic Games – postponed to July 2021.
- The Paralympic Games – postponed to August 2021.
- Golf: The Irish Open – postponed to an unknown date.
- World Para Athletics European Championships – postponed until further notice.
- Darts: Premier League events – postponed to an unknown date.
Cansportsbetting cares – Keep well and stay safe!
- Washington Wizards at Cleveland Cavaliers Preview, Pick & Odds – 1/23/20
- Toronto Raptors at Atlanta Hawks Preview, Prediction & Odds – 1/20/20
- Charlotte Hornets vs. Toronto Raptors Picks & Odds – 11/18/19
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Philadelphia 76ers Preview, Picks & Odds – 11/12/19
- Dallas Mavericks vs. Boston Celtics Preview, Picks & Odds – 11/11/19