Fantasy soccer betting is taking off as a highly profitable industry in the US and Canada. This type of betting allows Canadian gamblers to build their own fantasy soccer team for different leagues including England’s Premier League, Europe’s Champions League, US’ Major League Soccer, Mexico’s Liga MX, Spain’s La Liga and more. Players in Canada can join a fantasy soccer league at any time. Once seasons begin, signups don’t close giving you an opportunity to make amazing real cash wins.
Is fantasy soccer betting something that you’re looking for? Then you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we feature the best fantasy soccer betting sites in Canada and provide tips on how to build the best fantasy soccer teams. Start learning below!
BEST FANTASY SOCCER BETTING SITES
50% up to CA$50 Bonus
50% up to CA$50 Bonus
50% up to CA$100 Bonus
100% up to CA$250 Bonus
WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THIS FANTASY SOCCER GUIDE
- How to Play Fantasy Soccer
- Drafting your Team
- Fantasy Soccer Scoring System
- Types of Contests
- Fantasy Soccer Leagues
- How to Join a Fantasy Soccer Contest in Canada
Betting on fantasy soccer works similar to betting on other fantasy sports such as fantasy football, basketball, and baseball. Fantasy soccer requires players to assemble an imaginary team of real-life players and score points based on their real-life performance. You will need to form a team of at least eight players. Those players have to be at four different positions: a goalkeeper, two defenders, two forwards, and three midfielders. Players will then accumulate points in several categories. For outfield players, there will be 15 points. The most important points come from goals and assists of course. Then the rest comes from chances, tackles, shots on goal, and interceptions.
Generally, you will be awarded a bankroll of about $50,000 which you will need to use to buy players for your team. Remember you can never spend more than this amount but will be allowed to spend all of it or less. These are some general rules you will need to follow when drafting your team:
- Set up a team of eight players, as already mentioned above. Please note that some betting sites limit the number of players you can pick from one team to three.
- Before the season starts, the number of times you can transfer players in unlimited. But once it begins, your points deducted when you transfer players. Furthermore, higher fees are charged for star players.
The scoring system differs based on games. Hence, Canadian punters will need to research and study them before they can set up their roster. The standard scoring system for fantasy soccer in most Canadian fantasy soccer sites is as follows:
- Goal = 10 points
- Assist = 5 points
- Shot on Goal = 2 points
- Chance Created = 1 point
- Appearance = 1 point
- Shot off Goal = 0.5 points
- Interception = 0.5 points
- Tackle Won = 0.5 points
- Block = 0.5 points
- Clearance = 0.5 points
- Completed Pass = 0.1 points
- Penalty Kick Miss = -5 points
- Red Card = -5 points
- Yellow Card = -2 points
- Foul = – 1 points
There are different types of bets which players can make when betting on fantasy soccer. Below are the most popular fantasy soccer bet types:
- Head-to-Head – Usually amongst family and friends. These are one-on-one bets you make when you’re interested in showing your friends how much you know of a particular soccer league. Whoever wins the bout receives a cash prize.
- Guaranteed Prize Pools (GPPs) – In these types of leagues, players have to pay a fee in order to join. The fees are then used to create a big cash pool prize which you stand a chance to win depending on the rules of that particular league. While some may gift the top half of the league prizes, some contest may only award the top three players.
- Cash Games – This is the most popular bet type where a sportsbook creates a league and gives punters a chance to win cash prizes. Usually, you won’t be required to pay a fee when joining such a contest and mostly there’s a fixed prize on offer.
There are many competitive soccer leagues which players can bet on from around the world. Below are some of Canada’s favourite soccer leagues with fantasy leagues:
- English Premier League
- UEFA Champion’s League
- La Liga
- German Bundesliga
It shouldn’t take you more than five minutes to sign-up at a fantasy soccer betting website and start playing. Doing so is as simple as ABC. Just follow the quick and easy steps below to start betting on fantasy soccer:
- Sign up at your favourite fantasy soccer sportsbook on our list.
- Make your deposit in Canadian dollars.
- Select the fantasy sports option and pick fantasy soccer.
- Draft your fantasy soccer team according to our pointers above.
- Follow real-life soccer games whether by streaming or reading about the scores.
- Check your scores.
- Enjoy your real money winnings when your players out-perform your opponents.
Other Fantasy Sports Betting Guides: