Online Fantasy Sports betting has become a huge phenomenon in Canada, with many punters placing wagers. When you bet on fantasy sports you don’t have to wait for season-long competitions as you would on other markets. In DFS, winners are paid out daily and weekly- hence referred to as daily fantasy sports. What makes Fantasy sports betting fun is the huge payouts involved. Imagine scooping $500 000 from wagering $10?! Read on to learn more about fantasy sports and find the best fantasy sports betting sites below!
BEST FANTASY SPORTS BETTING WEBSITES
50% up to CA$50 Bonus
50% up to CA$50 Bonus
50% up to CA$100 Bonus
100% up to CA$250 Bonus
WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THIS FANTASY SPORTS GUIDE
- Fantasy Sports Legalities
- How Fantasy Sports Work
- Types of Contests in Fantasy Sports
- Popular Fantasy Sports Betting Markets
- 5 Easy Ways to Play Fantasy Sports
Fantasy sports gambling is completely legal in Canada. Punters can place real money wagers on fantasy sports at Canadian sportsbooks without any fear of breaking the law. This is so because daily fantasy sports are games where skill is predominant. In the United States, let alone Canada, games of skill are treated differently to games of chance. Fantasy sports appeal to all kinds of punters and are very exciting to play.
Playing online fantasy sports games is quite easy. They work more like crowdfunding –requiring you to pay a certain amount of money to enter into a “contest” (you will learn more on the different fantasy sports contests in the next section). When playing the game, you will need to pick a squad of real-life players who score points for your team based on their real-life performances in their matches. That is a team of 11 to 15 real-life players. The fantasy sports team players represent you each week of the season. The points you score over each of those weeks will add and minus to a total which will be compared to other teams in your fantasy sports network.
Another exciting part is that you can partake in fantasy sports betting in Canada at your own convenience and win real cash. The best fantasy sports betting sites also offer free entry contests.
There are a few contests to choose from when playing fantasy sports. It is important that beginner players understand these contest types so they are aware of what they are getting themselves into. You can either play head-to-head matchups or lean towards large fields. Below are the common types of fantasy sports contests:
- Beginner Games – Fantasy sports betting sites have a plethora of beginners since they’re relatively new in the online sports betting world. Beginner fantasy sports games typically have a higher salary cap and only newcomers to the site are featured.
- Head-to-Head – A simple contest which features two players. A player’s line-up is assembled and played against a single line-up.
Double Up Games – Features a line-up played against a large group of opponents. The aim in double-up fantasy sports games is to finish in the top half of the group.
- Guaranteed Prize Pools – Similar to double up games, guaranteed prize pools feature a large line-up, usually 10 to thousands of people per contest. Payouts on the GPPs heavily lean towards the top percentage of the field than the top half.
The best online sportsbooks cover a huge selection of markets of fantasy sports in Canada. The markets are a familiar sport known to Canadians. Click on your favourite sport below to learn more:
Fantasy sports betting is very simple, as we already mentioned. You can bet on fantasy sports via the following quick and easy steps:
- Choose and register at our highly recommended sportsbook.
- Make a deposit.
- Enter a fantasy sports contest.
- Draft your roster.
- Check the result.
More Popular Betting Guides for Canadians: