The National Basketball Association (NBA) is North America’s top professional basketball league for men consisting of 30 teams. It is also one of the four biggest professional leagues for sports in both the US and Canada. By total attendance, the NBA ranks fourth in the world, hence it is considered a premier basketball league. The NBA was founded back in 1946 as the Basketball Association of America and later changed its name to what it currently is in 1949. Its subsidiaries include the WNBA, Eastern Conference, Western Conference and more.
The NBA regular season kick-starts in October through April, with each team playing 82 games. Prior to and during the season, Canadian bettors are offered a wide range of basketball betting opportunities and special odds on the NBA. That’s why in this guide we will be discussing what to look for in terms of NBA odds, finding the best NBA basketball betting sites in Canada, and helping you understand how NBA betting lines work. In addition to that, we provide you with the best winning tips for your NBA predictions. Start learning with our 10-minute read below!
TOP NBA SPORTSBOOKS 2020
Below are the best Canadian sportsbooks where you can bet on your favorite NBA games. New bettors are eligible for a welcome offer of up to 100% if they sign up today. In addition to that, you get to take advantage of match betting bonuses, enhanced odds, boost, rebate offers, free bets, and a whole lot more.
WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THIS NBA BETTING GUIDE
NBA ODDS & EXPERT PICKS FOR CANADIANS
At our highly recommended sportsbooks, you will find highly competitive NBA betting odds. You can bet on pre-season odds, everyday games, live odds, and season-long wagers. Whatever your choice is – you’re sure to find something you like and win some real cash betting on the NBA. The most popular odds among Canadian bettors also include the following:
- NBA MVP odds
- Halftime odds
- NBA playoff odds
- Odds to win Eastern Conference in the NBA
- Odds to win Western Conference in the NBA
- NBA finals odds
- Match-up odds
- NBA championship odds
More so, when you sign up with your favorite bookmaker from our list, you get to get take advantage of free NBA betting expert picks. Usually, you will receive a multi-bet slip with NBA basketball predictions on your message tab. The slip comes with a code which you will use if you wish for the selections to be added onto your betting account. For other cash bets, bettors get to take advantage of enhanced odds and free boosts. These offers increase your potential return depending on the number of selections you make. In addition, you will receive free bets and enjoy other special promotions for NBA games.
NBA BETTING LINES EXPLAINED
There is a vast selection of NBA betting lines that you can choose from. You can bet from outright winners, match result, draw no bet, over/under wagers, next points, odd/even, and handicaps. Below we explain some of the most popular NBA betting lines:
- NBA Money Lines – they work similarly to basketball and hockey money lines where you simply choose which side will win the overall game. A lot of bettors prefer this type of a bet when betting underdogs. With the money line, it doesn’t matter with how many points the team you’ve selected wins – just as long as it wins.
- Over/Under Picks – also known as totals. Here the bookie will set a certain margin estimating the total score of both teams in an NBA game. You get to choose if you think the score will be over or under the set margin.
- NBA Picks Against the Spread – also known as the spread, here you get to bet on who wins by how many points. If there’s a push or tie, no one wins and the bookie will refund your money. We recommend the spread for experienced bettors.
- Futures – another entertaining form of wagering. Futures could translate to betting on who will win a division or the winner of the NBA Championship.
- NBA Props – additional wagers that have nothing to do with the final outcome of an NBA game. An example of an NBA Draft prop could be: how many Virginia Cavaliers will be taken in the NBA draft (Over 2.5 +150), or props on trades and draft positions.
WINNING TIPS FOR NBA BETTING PREDICTIONS
NBA Basketball betting is very popular among bettors. That is why the best NBA sportsbook will never miss the chance to offer a wide range of betting odds and have lines open every game day. But on the bettor side of things, how do you then make good predictions? Well, that’s easy.
- You will want to look at a few things, such as statistics, home-court advantage and tracking line movements.
- In addition to that, you will need to check the NBA schedule as you might find that one team played three or more consecutive nights and surely fatigue is taking its toll. A fresher team plays better than a tired, sleepy team.
- Don’t forget to manage your bankroll and gamble responsibly!
More Basketball League Guides: