It goes without saying that football is one of the most popular sports betting options among Canadians. Hence, the best Canadian sportsbook offers such betting opportunities. Fantasy football betting works as much as it does in the real world of football. During the National Football League (NFL) season, bettors get a whole load of betting options. Here you stand a chance to make lucrative wins betting on your favourite football teams. Fantasy football is great fun and very rewarding. So, are you looking to pay to play fantasy football and partake in the world’s biggest contests? Then, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we cover everything you need to know about online fantasy football betting. Continue reading to start learning how to fantasy football works and also find the best online fantasy football betting sites.
BEST FANTASY FOOTBALL BETTING SITES CANADA
WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THIS FANTASY FOOTBALL GUIDE
WHAT IS FANTASY FOOTBALL?
Fantasy football works similar to other fantasy sports. What you essentially do is simply join a fantasy football contest, draft a team of real-life players and score points based on how your players or team performs in real-life.
Online fantasy football has been around since its humble beginnings in 1971, it then bloomed in the 90s when it was introduced by major newspapers. Today, fantasy football betting is a multi-million dollar business.
HOW TO PLAY FANTASY FOOTBALL
Playing fantasy football is very easy and straightforward. It takes place through pool betting. So, to start with your fantasy football betting, you will need to enter a pool market or contest which sometimes has a fixed stake. Given that you win, you will get a share of the overall pot. Bettors can either get the total winnings or a progressive payout. Fantasy football has two formats, you can bet daily fantasy football which takes place daily or weekly, or take part in a season-long contest. In online football fantasy betting, you will need to pick best five players from two teams matching up against each other. Usually, this is split between full 11 betting and a five-a-side betting.
Below are the quick and easy steps to take to begin your fantasy football betting journey:
- Pick and join your favourite fantasy football betting site on our list. You can also sign-up at fantasy football betting apps offered by these sites.
- Make a deposit.
- Draft your fantasy football team.
- Follow real-life football games and check scores.
- Enjoy your winnings if successful.
FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT & RULES
There are a few rules associated with online football betting and are as follows:
- Bettors usually have a fixed budget to pick their team from.
- Each player is given a price based on how good they are.
- Bettors score points based on how the squad they picked performs in real-life matches.
NFL FANTASY FOOTBALL SCORING
The scoring system for fantasy football today differs from sportsbook to another. But in general, players score points for assists and goals. Meanwhile, goalkeepers, midfielders and defenders obtain points for clean sheets. Also, your team loses points for penalty misses, conceding goals and yellow cards.
CHOOSING YOUR ONLINE FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE
Below are the popular leagues which you can partake in Canada:
- Salary-Cap – the most popular NFL fantasy football league where bettors are given a maximum budget for teams and player salaries.
- Dynasty Leagues – here bettors retain their draft or roster from previous years.
- Total Points – using team points to advance.
- Head-to-Head Leagues – this is where teams match against different opponents every week to advance to the playoffs; this is measured by the total wins and lost points on record.
FANTASY FOOTBALL BETTING TIPS TO WIN MONEY
There is no guarantee in winning fantasy football games, but these following fantasy football tips from our sports betting experts are sure to increase your chances of winning. Here are a few things to look at when betting on fantasy football online:
- Pick a goalkeeper from a big team with solid defence.
- Look for players that register a lot of assists, goalscorers and penalty takers.
- Don’t chase or have a favourite – just because a player or team is performing well doesn’t mean they will perform well forever.
- Monitor fantasy football rankings and make use of player trades.
- Watch out for injuries.
- Know your format.
- Check point machines.
Other Guides for Fantasy Sports: