Rugby betting is one of the several sports which offer a wide range of betting opportunities for Canadian players. Although not as popular as football and hockey, betting on rugby is a pastime hobby in Canada. The best rugby betting sites have you covered in all rugby events including the Six Nations Cup and Rugby World Cup.
Read on to learn how to bet on rugby in Canada and find the best sports betting sites with competitive rugby betting odds.
BEST RUGBY BETTING SITES 2020
HOW RUGBY BETTING ODDS WORK
Our highly recommended rugby betting sites offer Canadian players the best rugby league betting odds. As is with other online betting games, rugby odds are usually displayed in decimals or fraction. Rugby bookies are most likely to favour the strongest teams and offer larger payouts on the other teams. So, given that your bet on the underdog beats the sportsbook favorite, you are in for a big win.
ONLINE RUGBY BETTING LINES
There are numerous rugby betting markets offered by the best Canadian bookies. We discuss them below.
- Outright Winner – predicting the winner of a tournament. It could be the winner of the World Cup, Six Nations Championships or other tournaments.
- Half/Full-time Result – as the name may already suggest, here you are betting on the half-time or full-time result of the game. You either pick if the home or away team will win or if there will be a draw.
- Over/Under Bets – usually, a bookie will set a winning margin of the match. Say Team A has a margin of Under 12.5 and Over 12.5. If you select under then the team has to score under 12 points in order for your bet to be successful. Whereas if you pick the over 12.5 margins then Team A has to win by more than 13 points in order for your bet to be successful.
- Totals – essentially predicting by how many points a team will score. This could be in ranges or the above mentioned over/under wagers.
POPULAR RUGBY COMPETITIONS
Below are some of the major rugby competitions and championships that Canadian bettors can place wagers on:
- Rugby World Cup
- The Six Nations
- The Rugby Championship
- Summer/Autumn Internationals
- Lions Tour
- Heineken Tour
- Major Leagues
RUGBY UNION VS. RUGBY LEAGUE
Many bettors always want to know what the difference between the Rugby Union and Rugby League is. It’s good to know the difference between the two formats before you can start online rugby betting.
Rugby Union – A 80-minute game where two teams of 15 players compete. The overall objective here is to ground the ball in a section which is marked at the opposite end of the pitch to score a “try” which equals five points.
Rugby League – The league is more fast-paced compared to a union game. Here, 13 players compete in a game which lasts for 80 minutes. Unlike in Rugby Union, there are no mauls and rucks in Rugby League. Both formats have their different rules and terminology.
RUGBY BETTING PREDICTIONS
Joining a sportsbook and placing wagers on your rugby predictions is a simple process. What you need to do is simply follow these quick and easy steps:
- Pick and join your favourite rugby betting site on our list.
- Deposit funds into your betting account.
- Choose a rugby match or event you would like to bet on.
- Select and confirm your bet type and the amount you wish to wager.
- Check scores and enjoy your real cash winnings.
More Popular Online Betting Guides: