Ice hockey is one of the most thrilling and entertaining sports loved by many Canadians. Hence, betting on the sport is not anything new. There are a lot of sportsbooks that offer odds on ice hockey matches. Here we help you through the maze and list only the best sports gambling sites Canada with the best ice hockey odds. In this guide, you will also learn how online hockey betting works and find the best tips and strategies to help you win. Read on to get started!
TOP CANADIAN HOCKEY BETTING WEBSITES 2020
HOW DO HOCKEY ODDS WORK? HOCKEY BETTING ODDS EXPLAINED
There are plenty of online betting markets which are affiliated with ice hockey. While some are more general, some are more narrowed down to the sport. Ice hockey betting odds always determine how much a player will win from a wager, and these differ from sportsbook to sportsbook. The different kinds of bets available range from betting on; the winner of individual games, division winners, correct score, total goals and betting on the Stanley Cup champion.
POPULAR HOCKEY BETTING LINES
Below are some of the most popular lines for betting hockey online in Canada.
In most cases, Canadian players will run across ice hockey odds in the money line format. This is one type of odd which is simple to understand. For example, if you bet $100 to win a $200 your total will be $300 including your stake and win on +200 odds. Meanwhile $100 is required to make a profit of $50 on odds of -200 making your return $150.
PUCK LINE HANDICAPS
The ice hockey betting puck line is one bet type unique to online hockey betting. It is simply a variation on traditional spread betting as you know it. Here you will find a point spread applied to both the favorite and underdog. If the puck line is set at 0.5; the favorite will receive a -0.5 goal puck line handicap which means if you bet on them, they must win by at least by one goal. But if you bet on the favourite, which would then be having a +0.5 goal puck line, they must lose by one goal in order for you to win.
GOAL TOTALS: OVER/UNDER BETS
As the name may already suggest, over and under bets are the type of bets where you select what you believe will be the number of goals scored in an ice hockey match. Usually, the bookmaker will set the odds. For instance, if the Toronto Maple Leafs are playing Pittsburgh Penguins and you envision the final score being 4-3. If you believe there will be no more than five goals then your bet would be -5.5 but if you believe there would be more than six goals then your bet would be +5.5.
ICE HOCKEY BETTING LEAGUES & CHAMPIONSHIPS
Although ice hockey betting is more popular in Canada, there are different leagues from around the world that you can bet on. Hockey online betting can be done for both amateur and professional games. In the calendar year you will find quite a lot of hockey tournaments and competitions to bet on. Of course, this includes NHL hockey betting which is one of the biggest professional ice hockey league competition in the world. So, below are hockey betting leagues where you can try your luck:
HOW TO BET ON HOCKEY: STEP-BY-STEP
Placing an online hockey bet is quite easy at online bookies. You can do so in three quick and easy steps:
- Simply pick one of our highly recommended sportsbooks that offer the best online hockey betting odds and enter your details.
- Take advantage of the juicy welcome bonus after you make your first deposit or simply make use of any “no deposit” offer available before you fund your online betting account.
- Find the sportsbook’s ice hockey odds, choose a match of your interest and how much you wish to wager on a specific team. Then enjoy your real money hockey winnings if your team is successful!
BEST ONLINE HOCKEY BETTING TIPS
Below are some useful tips and tricks you can use when betting on the NHL or any hockey league tournaments:
- Hockey is a consistent sport compared to other sports making it quite easy to predict. The weather has no impact or whatsoever on the matches since they’re usually played indoors.
- Like any other sport, player performance, however, can be impacted by home/away crowds.
- It’s always wise to check for injuries, retirements, trades and drafts as every year teams gain and lose players.
More Popular Online Betting Guides: