BEST HALFTIME BETTING STRATEGY 2020
Halftime betting, also known as second-half betting, is essentially wagering on what will happen on the second-half of a sports game. It works similar to first-half betting. However, points made on the first half are irrelevant on halftime betting, although they might have an impact on the odds and lines. It’s always up to the bettor if they would like to pounce on the adjusted odds or not. At times, second-half bets are a great way to win your wagers as you will by then have a clearer vision of which team is likely to win. More so, at times, odds may be shifted in your favour when betting on the underdog.
In this halftime betting strategy guide, our sport betting experts walk you through how second-half betting works, the types of lines available for halftime betting, and provide you with the best tips and things to look out for when placing second-half wagers. Read on for more and win big with sports betting today!
BEST CANADIAN BETTING SITES TO PLACE HALFTIME BETS
|Betting Site||Best Feature||Rating||Visit Site|
|1||Soccer||BetWay Sport||Bet Now|
|2||Great sports coverage||LeoVegas Sports||Bet Now|
|3||Lottery Bets||Spin Sports||Bet Now|
|Mr Play Sports||Bet Now|
|5||Betting Exchange||10 Bet||Bet Now|
|6||Weekly Specials||22Bet Sports||Bet Now|
|7||Great App||Royal Panda||Bet Now|
|8||Strong Fantasy Sports Platform||Intertops||Bet Now|
|9||Leading Fantasy Sports Betting Site||888 Sports||Bet Now|
|10||High Value Odds||Mr Green Sports||Bet Now|
HOW DO SECOND-HALF BETS WORK?
The popularity of second-half bets keeps rising as they can be used in almost every sport. You can place Super Bowl halftime bets, NFL halftime predictions, and second-half wagers on basketball, soccer, rugby and more. Usually, the best sportsbooks will offer live in-play betting and lines posted at the half. The basic betting strategy for halftime odds is finding the perfect balance on the odds. So, you have two options: you can either choose to wager before the game begins if you find a strong value, or wait and pick later if you feel the halftime odds will be better.
TYPES OF HALFTIME LINES
There are several lines that open during halftime. Of course, these may vary depending on the sport. For instance, soccer, football, and rugby among others have halftime odds, whereas tennis has sets. So basically in tennis, you can bet on who will win a set and what number of sets there will be. Also, the jargon differs a bit. Furthermore, in most sports, the final score does not play any role in halftime betting, it is only the action in the second-half that matters. Below we discuss the different types of halftime lines available on NFL football, NHL, soccer, and other popular sports:
- Next Goal – here bettors wager on which team will score the next goal in the second-half.
- Both Teams to Score – as the name may already suggest, here you bet if both teams will score in the second-half. You either select yes or no.
- Which Team Wins the Rest of the Match – essentially betting on which team will win the rest of the match.
- Method of Victory – wagering if a certain team will win during the regular time or overtime and if they will win via penalty.
- Handicaps – the number of points a team will win by.
- Over/Unders – the total number of points the teams will win or lose by.
- Halftime Props – additional bets on what may occur in the second-half. Prop bets have nothing to do with the final outcome of a match. A halftime prop bet could be “will a non-QB throw a touchdown” or “will either team not punt during the game?”.
ADVANTAGES OF HALFTIME BETTING
Below are the pros of second-half betting:
- Bookies have to prepare new lines quite quickly to get them up during the halftime. Some bookies may lock the lines when they’re making these changes. If you make your decision before the lines are locked you could have more profit than the next person who bets after.
- Sometimes, they double up a winning bet.
- They are the best part of live betting as you get to see how each team is performing therefore, allowing you to make a more informed wager.
- Second-half bets could have more value when betting on the underdog. You will find that the bookie had already put up a higher price on the underdog if the favorite has more points and winning potential. If you’ve already wagered on the underdog and performs accordingly you will win a lot of cash.
DISADVANTAGES OF HALFTIME BETTING
Below are disadvantages of halftime betting:
- Sometimes second-half bets will have way too low lines, totals, and odds.
- Your fate is really unknown as teams are headed to the finish line. The favorite here has a 1/3 chance of making it.
- You can only make some second-half wagers only in a halftime’s duration.
- You can only bet on the second-half.
BEST HALFTIME BETTING STRATEGY & TIPS TO WIN
Halftime betting is great for bettors who prefer live betting. More so, they require fast thinkers as you’re only betting on the action to occur in the remainder of a match. What you want to do before placing a halftime wager is to do your homework. It will help to do the following:
- Check game schedules.
- Look up the weather conditions.
- Check the matchups.
- Find out if there are any injuries.
- Learn about the home/away performances.
- Find out who has the win streaks.
- Check the game location.
- What the substitutions could be.
Remember, second-half wagers are only about predicting what happens next. Be careful not to make emotional bets if your favorite team is losing. You can still fix that by betting on the opposite side if there is still a little bit of time, although odds are likely to be way too low. Finally, be careful not to spend outside of your set bankroll.
More Popular Strategies: