BEST EDMONTON OILERS ODDS
Edmonton Oilers odds have been somewhat erratic since Connor McDavid was drafted to the National Hockey League (NHL) team in 2015. Although the team has only made it to the playoffs on one occasion since his arrival, the Oilers are expected to pick up their game with the appointment of head coach Dave Tippett who has turned the team into a side capable of challenging for the Pacific Division title at the very least. This has certainly increased interest in betting on the Oilers as they’ve got some pretty profitable odds for futures.
If you would like to find out more about betting on the Edmonton Oilers, make sure you stick around. In our ultimate team guide below, we have a look at the team’s odds of winning the Stanley Cup this season as well as some quick performance stats. We also list the best Canadian sports betting sites to bet on the Edmonton Oilers online. So, read on and start betting on the Oilers today!
Bet on the Edmonton Oilers Here
|Betting Site||Best Feature||Rating||Visit Site|
|1||Soccer||BetWay Sport||Bet Now|
|2||Great sports coverage||LeoVegas Sports||Bet Now|
|3||Lottery Bets||Spin Sports||Bet Now|
|Mr Play Sports||Bet Now|
|5||Betting Exchange||10 Bet||Bet Now|
|6||Weekly Specials||22Bet Sports||Bet Now|
|7||Great App||Royal Panda||Bet Now|
|8||Strong Fantasy Sports Platform||Intertops||Bet Now|
|9||Leading Fantasy Sports Betting Site||888 Sports||Bet Now|
|10||Betting Exchange||William Hill Sports||Bet Now|
|11||High Value Odds||Mr Green Sports||Bet Now|
Edmonton Oilers Odds to Win Stanley Cup
The Edmonton Oilers aren’t exactly being favored to take the Stanley Cup this year by any NHL betting sportsbook. The team started off the season well but has gone through a rough patch deeper in, having experienced some unfortunate loss streaks. It goes without saying that fans and bettors are hoping that the team will make the playoffs in the very crowded Pacific Division.
While we do think that a bet on the team to the playoffs this year is likely to pay out, we don’t think they’ll take the division. A Stanley Cup victory is also a bit of a hard call at the moment with other teams looking far more dominant at the moment. The team could pull off a surprise victory – the St. Louis Blues did so in 2019. However, we think that they’re still in the process of building a squad that will eventually be able to win titles.
McDavid is a good player but a good Oilers team overall still seemingly needs to be put in order before they get any wins. In addition, good players without a good coaching and management also don’t win titles. Oilers head coach, Dave Tippett, has done well so far but only time will tell whether or not he will be able to lead the team to any success.
Edmonton Oilers History
The Edmonton Oilers joined the NHL in 1979. The team was very successful in their early years, making the playoffs in their inaugural season. By their fourth year in the league (the 1982-83 season), they had made their first Stanley Cup appearance, which saw them get swept by the famed New York Islanders dynasty squad.
The loss marked the beginning of a period of dominance in the league as they won five Stanley Cup titles over the course of seven seasons. In this time, they also managed to win their division four times and pick up the President’s Trophy in back-to-back seasons in 1986 and 1987.
Following their last Stanley Cup win, the team entered a period of steady decline. Although they made the Conference Finals in 1991 and 1992, the team would struggle to make it past the Conference Finals for the next 13 seasons after that, sometimes not even making the playoffs at all.
Following the 2004-05 lockout, the team looked to be getting back to their form of old with a Stanley Cup appearance in 2006, which ended in a hard-fought 3-4 series loss against the Carolina Hurricanes. This proved to be a false alarm though as the team has only made it the playoffs again once since then during the 2016-17 season.
Many are hoping that the addition of star centre Connor McDavid will lead to some victories in the near future for the Western Conference team but this remains to be seen. (After all, it took Alexander Ovechkin 13 seasons to win the Stanley Cup with the Washington Capitals.)
Edmonton Oilers Betting Facts & Stats
Before betting on the Edmonton Oilers, here are a few stats and facts about the team that you have got keep in mind:
- The Edmonton Oilers have won five Stanley Cup titles with the last win coming in 1990. All of their wins came in a period of dominance towards of the end of the 1990s. They have made it to the finals on seven occasions though. Their last appearance in the finals was during the 2005-06 season where they lost to the Carolina Hurricanes.
- The team has won seven Conference Championships but made it to this stage of the game nine times. The most recent appearance and victory came in the 2005-06 season where they would go on to lose the Stanley Cup.
- The team has won nine division championships. Their last win came in the 1991-1992 season. The closest they have come to taking their division again is finishing second in the pacific division in 2017. It is important to note that the team has won the Stanley Cup and their division on three occasions.
- Over the last decade, the team has made the playoffs on one occasion and this came in the 2016-17 season, in Connor McDavid’s second season. That said, the team is projected to be en route to make the playoffs this year provided that they are able to beat the competition back in the very competitive Pacific Division which seems to be anyone’s game.
More NHL Team Guides:
- Boston Bruins Odds
- Columbus Blue Jackets Odds
- Detroit Red Wings Odds
- Ottawa Senators Odds
- Tampa Bay Lightning Odds
- Toronto Maple Leafs Odds
- Vegas Golden Knights Odds
- Chicago Blackhawks Odds
- Colorado Avalanche Odds
- Los Angeles Kings Odds
- Minnesota Wild Odds
- Nashville Predators Odds
- San Jose Sharks Odds
- Vancouver Canucks Odds
- Winnipeg Jets Odds