BEST IIHF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BETTING SITES
The Ice Hockey 2019 World Championship, not to be mixed with The World Cup of Hockey (held every four years), is an annual international men’s hockey tournament hosted by the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF). The IIHF Ice Hockey Championships is one of the biggest ice hockey events dating back to 1920. It offers players a wide range of betting opportunities. Not to forget that Canada was the tournament’s first dominant team winning the championship 12 times between 1930 and 1952. The tournament features top sixteen hockey nations from around the globe. The 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey Championship will be hosted in Slovakia between 10 and 26 May.
In this guide, our experts discuss everything you need to know about the ice hockey championship; from how to bet on the ice hockey world cup, world cup plays, to finding the best sportsbook with the highest ice hockey betting odds and hockey world cup live streaming. Read on to start learning.
BET ON THE IIHF WORLD HOCKEY CHAMPIONSHIP
WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THIS HOCKEY WORLD CUP BETTING GUIDE
- Best Hockey World Cup Odds
- Learn How to Bet on the IIHF Hockey World Cup
- The 2019 Hockey World Cup Schedule
During the hockey world championship, betting sports sites will offer a lot of betting lines. Team Canada will be a bookie’s favourite given that they performed well in the previous IIHF hockey world cup championships. However, that shouldn’t mean that bettors should overlook other teams such as Switzerland, Slovakia and Czech Republic as they are tough opponents.
Below are the different betting lines available at IIHF hockey world cup bookies:
- Moneyline – This is the most popular betting line for the ice hockey world cup. Here you simply choose which team will win the hockey world cup match without having to state or choose the number of goals.
- Puck line – this type of wager in hockey world cup betting combines the point spread and moneyline. In order for your bet to be successful, your chosen IIHF World Championship team must win by two or more goals.
- Over/Under Bets (Totals) – the over/under odds in world cup championships betting is simply choosing the winning margin set by an oddsmaker for the competing teams. You pick if the total scores of both teams will be higher or lower than the margin set.
- Futures – placing wagers for the hockey world cup before the season or specific games begin. Usually, future bets offer higher odds compared to the other betting lines.
Below are the 2019 groups that will be taking part at the 2019 IIHF Hockey World Cup:
|Group A (Kosice)||Group B (Bratislava)|